What does it mean to “shock” a lake, and why is it necessary?Pool shock is a granular pool chemical that can be applied at least once a week to the swimming pool.If the pool is widely used, or if you have a lot of rain, or if you have a lot of hot, sunshine weather, you can shock it more often. pool chemicals near me Loves Park is one of the authority sites on this topic. On a molecular basis, the chlorine tablets or granular chlorine that you continually remove in your pool water search out and mix with bacteria and other organics to neutralise these toxic pollutants.
The chlorine remains inert during the course of destroying these dangerous contaminants, and the chlorine and bacteria that have merged is known as “Combined Chlorine.” To keep the swimming pool water safe and clear, the combined chlorine must be eliminated. By “shocking” the pool, the combined chlorine is eliminated. Super chlorinating, also known as “shocking,” is the process of bringing the chlorine level in a bathing pool to a large enough level for the combined chlorine to be oxidised and burned off in a limited period of time.
What kind of Shock do you employ? There seems to be a large variety of swimming pool shock on the market, and each pool supplies company works hard to make their product stand out. When both of the brands are measured side by side, the only real distinction on the labels is the product’s active ingredient concentration. Calcium Hypochlorite is the active ingredient in the popular pool shock used by most pool owners. 65 percent Calcium Hypochlorite is what you can hope to see on the label. A more concentrated form of the pool shock could contain up to 75% Calcium Hypochlorite. Some manufacturers advertise a shock device based on Calcium Hypochlorite that helps you to float in the water immediately after using it.
When you look at the label, you’ll find that the Calcium Hypochlorite concentration is just about 47%. While you can swim directly after using this form of shock device, the lower concentration of Calcium Hypochlorite might not be enough to efficiently kill bacteria and other dangerous pollutants throughout your pool. Another chlorine-based shock substance available from most pool supplies companies is known as “Lithium Shock.” Lithium Shock produces Lithium Hypochlorite instead of the active ingredient Calcium Hypochlorite found in typical Pool Shock. Lithium shock uses lithium instead of calcium as a filler, which causes it to dissolve in water even faster and has little effect on the pool’s calcium hardness level. Despite the fact that Lithium Shock is superior to the traditional Calcium Hypochlorite-based pool shock, most pool owners do not use it due to the higher cost.
You’ll also see a substance called Chlorine-Free Pool Shock in addition to the chlorine-based pool shock. This groundbreaking pool solvent oxidises bacteria and organics in the bathing pool water in the same way as chlorine does, but without the harsh additives that are harmful to swimmers’ eyes and skin. By using the active ingredient Potassium Monopersulfate, chlorine-free pool shock works just as well as chlorine-based pool shock. Instead of boosting the chlorine level in the pool to unsafe amounts, chlorine free pool shock uses a special chemical mechanism to kill bacteria. Since using Chlorine-Free Shock, you can actually swim in the pool in just one hour. Chlorine-based pool shock (Calcium Hypochlorite) has a high pH that, in addition to changing the chlorine dose, will inevitably increase the pH of your swimming pool water. Chlorine-free shock has a neutral pH that would not alter the chemical levels in your tub. Because of the inert additives and fillers used in the product, chlorine-free shock is also preferable to chlorine-based pool shock for regular weekly shocked.
You’re adding calcium to your pool every time you use a chlorine-based (Calcium-Hypochlorite) swimming pool shock. This can cause cloudiness or scaling along the water line as the calcium hardness of the water rises. Swimming pool shock dependent on chlorine should be held on hand at all times because it is the ONLY pool solvent that can destroy algae once it has formed in the pool. You will never see algae or have any water issues if the water chemistry is well handled and you shock your swimming pool at least once a week!
Liquid Shock should not be used! Liquid chlorine is another form of shock that can be found at your nearby pool shop, hardware store, or many convenience stores. This liquid chlorine is often used as a shock and can be substituted with chlorine tablets.
Many pool owners feel that this liquid chlorine is what they need to keep their pool in good shape, but this is untrue. When opposed to adequately treating a swimming pool with chlorine pills and a frequent shock injection, liquid chlorine is ineffective and expensive. For certain pool owners, liquid shock may seem to be better to use than granular shock when you just walk up to the pool and pour the liquid in. The issue is that after you’ve dumped the toxic substance into your shower, you’ll need to get rid of all of the empty plastic bottles that contain the hazardous chemical waste. Granular pool shock comes in 1 pound sacks that are easy to handle. If any children have access to the storage area for pool chemicals, an accident involving complete or empty bottles of liquid chlorine would be much more likely than an accident involving bags of granular pool shock.
Sonco Pools & Spas
7920 N Alpine Rd
Machesney Park, IL 61111