People tend to blame women when bringing up the topic of infertility. They should understand that there is an equal chance for both man and woman to have issues with fertility. Low sperm count is the most common issue for men.
Here are some factors that affect sperm count:
- Pesticides in Foods – It affects a man’s hormone that is responsible for sperm production.
- Alcohol – Excessive consumption of alcohol is bad especially if a man is trying to produce a baby.
- Heated Plastics – When plastics are heated it release xenohormones which imitate estrogen hormones in the body.
- Soy – Concentrated amount of isoflavones is known to block estrogen receptors which are vital in testosterone production.
- Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Waves – In short wifi, affects sperm motility. This is a problem with today’s gadgets. Everything uses the internet specifically wifi connections.
Here are some nutrients essential for a healthy sperm count.
- Vitamin E – Improves sperm motility and protects sperm integrity. Foods rich in vitamin E are papaya, almonds, and olives.
- Folic Acid – Low folate men shows increase risk for sperm which does not contain any chromosomes.
- Vitamin B12 – Deficiency of this vitamin can affect sperm count. Liver, caviar, lobster, beef, and eggs are rich in Vitamin B12.
- L-Carnitine – A study confirms that the level of free carnitine in their semen correlates with motility and sperm count. High concentrations of carnitine are required by sperm for energy metabolism.
- Zinc – Increased level shows it can boost sperm count as well as the sperm’s quality. Oysters, beef, sesame seeds, yogurt, peas and shrimp are good sources of zinc. Eating some of those foods raw is recommended because zinc can be damaged by cooking.
Additional tips on how when and how:
- If you need lubrication you need to consider getting those that don’t harm sperm. There are sperm friendly lubrication available on the market.
- Avoid having sex standing up. It is hard for the sperm to reach deeper.
- Know when to do it. Doing it 2 days before ovulation and on the day she ovulates improves the chance of conceiving.
For more information you can check out http://parentingatoz.com/how-to-increase-fertility-naturally/ today. It has great information about how to increase fertility naturally.